Daytona Beach Chamber of Commerce Press Release:
Rumbling engines, helmets, chaps, block parties, live bands – do these items ring a bell? Bike Week is back, and Daytona Beach is ready!
Daytona Beach is home of the annual trend that brings hundreds of thousands of bikers from all over the world right to our back yard. It’s that time of year again, and we are proud to host the tourists that wait 365 days to come back to the sunshine state! This year is promised to be full of festivities including the Bike Week Community Appreciation Parade, the treasure hunt, and the loop for bikers to travel all over Volusia County.
This year’s official Bike Week sponsors include:
- Harley-Davidson – the official motorcycle of Bike Week
- GEICO Insurance – the official insurance of Bike Week
- Amsoil – the official oil of Bike Week
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort – the official hotel of Bike Week
- Budweiser – the official beer of Bike Week
- 95.7 WHOG FM – the official radio station of Bike Week
This is a rally that you don’t want to miss! Pack your bags, take your bikes to the shop for the annual repairs, and take the week off to visit Daytona Beach!
The 2013 Official Bike Week Pocket Guide – a bikers’ survival guide for the week – will be available starting March 5th at numerous locations throughout Florida, Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia. This free publication of 135,000 has been printed by the Daytona Beach News-Journal and includes everything bikers need to know about Bike Week:
- Night Clubs
So be sure to visit the Chamber at 126 E. Orange Avenue and pick up your Official Bike Week Pocket Guide!
This year’s treasure hunt includes 7 stops throughout Volusia County that are sure to strike gold! Anyone is invited to take the Bike Week Treasure Hunt Passport (found inside the 2013 Bike Week Pocket Guide) to the various locations and have the correlating coin stamped. You must have all seven stamps from the corresponding locations to receive your official coin.
Pick up your treasure from each location then bring your passport to the Bike Week Headquarters tent in Riverfront Park to receive your limited-edition commemorative coin.
The Treasure Hunt stops are:
- Amsoil – 2400 S. Ridgewood Ave
- Budweiser – Destination Daytona, Ormond Beach
- GEICO – 290 N. Beach St, Daytona Beach
- Harley-Davidson – Riverfront Park, Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort – 100 N. Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach
- Joe’s Crab Shack – 1200 Main St, Daytona Beach
- Official Bike Week Headquarters Tent – Riverfront Park, Beach St, Daytona Beach
The 2013 Bike Week Community Appreciation Parade will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 9AM. An iconic event for several decades, the Bike Week Parade was absent for a few years, but is back in its second year of resurgence. This parade includes hundreds of vendors and exciting entertainment including bikes, stunts, cars, dancing, and more!
All parade participants should congregate at the Ocean Center south parking lot on Saturday, March 16th beginning at 7AM, where staging for the parade will occur. The parade will begin at 9AM and proceed from Auditorium Avenue to A1A, then west on International Speedway Boulevard approximately 5.25 miles to end at the Daytona International Speedway.
To learn more about Bike Week, be sure to download the 2013 Bike Week iPhone App – a key source to survive Bike Week that provides a litany of choices of activity.
For more information: www.officialbikeweek.com